Steps To Home Ownership
Finding a home that you can see yourself in for the next five to twenty-five years is a great feeling.Don’t let that feeling cloud your judgment and leave you with unexpected issues after the closing. As we all know everyone’s experiences are not the same, some people find the process of buying a home a little daunting and sometimes overwhelming.
When you hire a Brian French Real Estate agent, you become a savvy consumer and improve your overall experience. We can help you capitalize on current market opportunities and assist you in making an informed decision to get you on your path home.
Here are a few things to consider before you buy:
- Hire an expert to do your own home inspections and attend them if possible.
- Evaluate possible repairs/immediate improvements. Ask the seller to repair them or include the cost into your bidding.
- Know all of the vital systems that connect to the house (electrical, sewage, heating, air conditioning, garbage disposal, and water.) Investigate the ins and outs of these systems.
- Confirm that your budget will match what your new home is going to cost on a monthly basis.
- Examine potential neighborhoods with a 24 hour perspective. Are there any dogs howling late at night? Again be sure there are no regular surprises.
- Do multiple practice commutes. One day is not enough time to judge the next 5+ years of driving to work.
- Consider your furniture, electronics and appliances. Will they fit into the new home or will you need to purchase new home furnishings?
- Know the local landscape. Are there any issues you should know about? Make sure you understand how utilities, schools and public services are funded.
- Research the local area to understand its economics, climate, and variables that will be part of your long-term lifestyle.
Brian French Real Estate offers a FREE Home Buyer’s Guide that will help understand the process and take the stress of home buying for you. The Home Buyer’s Guide is a 15-step action plan that will assist you in finding the right home such as getting pre-approved, negotiating, inspections, contingencies to name a few.